Discussion in 'Orchard County Chat - Football' started by Muckser, Sep 5, 2018.
yes its on the bbc site
What did he even get sent off for
Have we ever had a successful appeal? How did that tipp lad get his rescinded
Whilst we will be missing players that can not be an excuse for Saturday. Fermanagh have also been missing plenty of players throughout the league, including some of their better players (Donnelly, the bigger quigley, mulrone, the Corrigan's). They have introduced a few new faces who have really made a difference which must be great. No doubt they will be horrible to watch and to play against. They will come with a game plan but we all know what it will be.
I'd be interested to see how pearse casey gets on although I'd have thought he should be around midfield.
Hopefully some of our coaches will come up with a few new ideas:
- keep our forward players (especially grugan, oneill, Clarke, Campbell) in the top half of the pitch
- encourage grugan to kick pass the ball forward within 3 seconds of receiving the ball
- don't try to match fermanagh
We're more than capable of getting a win if we play with positive game plan and attitude.
Has the team been named?
Casey is in for campbell cause he's not fit
Aidan Forker for his sending off in the game against Louth got his rescinded but I can't think of any others.
& the good news just keeps on coming
Some injuries may be blessing in disguise, could see more physical players eg mcquillan, Duffy and Crealey come in to deal with Fermanagh’s physicality.
Loss of donaghy, forker and Morgan huge, all tremendous tacklers. we need a high turnover rate to catch them on the counter with our kicking game, if we allow them to settle back into their shape will be very difficult.
Likes of rain O’Neill and Ethan rafferty vital, will need their long distance shooting accuracy as well as their aerial presence, Fermanagh very dominant from the lockout against us last year. Also need Jamie putting scores on the board and his movement off the ball to create gaps in their defence.
Where have you seen this
Given the list of injuries & suspensions we currently have I'm going with this team for Saturday:
1. @Calm1 (I'd be hoping the username suggests coolness under pressure)
2. @Eireogatron (tight man marking job)
3. @Ouch it's Francie (if he's anything like his namesake we're on to a winner)
4. @Willie Frazer (bound to get in the ear of his marker)
5. @sidelineball (I'm thinking left footed freetaker)
6. @DooReg (will marshall the defence)
7. @portadownarmaghfan (a roving defender)
8. @niall1980 (safe hands in the middle of the park)
9. @Throwball (reliable & will do a lot of work which goes unnoticed)
10. @cailín beag88 (a nippy half forward with a pinpoint pass)
11. @Diarmi (the voice of the team, natural leader on & off the field)
12. @Nab14 (played slightly out of position but can rotate between full forward & half forward line)
13. @Ard Mhacha 13 (trying to break into the team, not sure if can last the 70+minutes)
14. @bcb1 (will certainly get on the scoresheet)
15. @ragingbull (will annoy his marker throughout, likely to see his opponent taken off or sent off)
Now who's going to be the 1st to say it.........
Dropped am I?
Er, there seems to be some mistake @Ard Mhacha 13 . I don’t seem to be on the starting 15.
Or Cathal from Crossmaglen.
Don't be fretting @PatMustard you haven't been forgotten, also on the subs bench, we don't want to risk starting you but know you will be ready to do the necessary when called upon. Plus given the sad news of the passing of your "namesake" today you may be feeling slightly out of sorts.
Don’t hold back now lol
Er, I think I might have pissed off The Reaper. Here he is creeping up on me, the backstard!
What do you mean ‘namesake’?
You’re right though. I’ve a lot on my mind to be honest, what with being dead and all.
Separate names with a comma.